Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Recipes

So I've been keeping up with my new years resolution rather well and I'm very happy about that. In case you don't remember, it's to cook/eat at home at least 4 times a week if we're in town. And last week I found another new recipe I had to try. Well, actually 2.

Mexican Casserole
Ingredients:
1 pound beef (I like 80/20)
1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
3 tablespoons of water
1 cup of pace picante sauce (I used mild)
1 can 10 oz. enchilada sauce
1 box yellow corn taco sells (I used Ortega)
1/2 block (or you can add more) of Monterrey Jack cheese
1 bag of "Mexican" style cheese
Sour cream to top with

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Brown 1 pound of hamburger, drain the grease.
Add about 3 tablespoons of water. The recipe calls for a tablespoon of taco seasoning - I just sprinkle it all over the first layer of beef and then mix that all together. I added a cup of pace picante sauce and 1-10oz. can of enchilada sauce. Stir and let it simmer together. In a 9x13 pan I put a layer of hard taco shells (I broke them up to make a flat layer, you could use chips, but these are less salty). I added the meat mixture on one layer, then Monterrey jack cheese, and then 'Mexican cheese', and then repeated the layers. I didn't use the whole box of shells. I had about 3 leftover. It made about 3 layers of shells, meat, cheese. I then topped with the rest of the cheese. (I used half a block of Monterrey jack, and a whole bag of the Mexican style cheese). And then I baked it in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Stuffed Sausage Crescents
This time I actually took pictures of my step by step process.
Ingredients:
1 pound of Jimmy Dean sausage (I used regular)
1 tube of crescent rolls
1 8 oz. package of fat free cream cheese

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Brown your sausage, drain grease.
In a medium size bowl soften your cream cheese. Add in sausage to the cream cheese.
On a baking sheet, separate out your crescents into their triangles.

Add a generous scoop of the cream cheese/sausage mixture to each triangle.
Once you have the mixture on each triangle, fold over the top part of the crescent. I don't roll them because sometimes the middle part of the crescent doesn't bake right. Bake for about 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment