Friday, November 2, 2012

[22 Days of Thankful]

I know many people have been posting what they were on facebook, and I wanted to as well, I just figured I'd write it all in my blog so that way it was all together so I could look back on it one day and recall what I'm thankful for in 2012.  I may be cheating in writing it all at once, but it doesn't change what I am thankful for.  It's a busy time for me and I won't be able to update it daily, so I might as well do it all now.  These are in no order, just whatever pops in my head once I get to the next one.  One doesn't out rank the other.

Day 1: I am thankful for my life.  I'm so blessed by my family, friends, job, and well being.

Day 2:  I am thankful for the day I met Josh.  He will probably come up in this list more than once.  Without meeting him, my life wouldn't be what it is today.  He's my everything.  I'm so thankful to be his wife.  He's my rock.

Day 3:  My parents.  They've shown me what hard work, dedication, and love will get you in life.  My mom is my best friend.  They gave me life.

Day 4:  Willie (and Gracie) my pugs.  I love them so incredibly much.  Even though Gracie is no longer with us, I still miss her and her personality.  And her two white toes on her paw.  I love how Willie gets so excited when I go home to visit.

Day 5:  My brothers.  I wouldn't be who I am without them.  They were my superheros, my prince charmings when I was younger.  I'm so thankful to have such wonderful big brothers.

Day 6:  My sister in laws.  Amy, Angie, and Shannon.  They're so amazing and they've given me such beautiful nieces and nephews.  They're such amazing women.  I hope that one day, I'm just as good as a mom as they are.

Day 7:  My oldest nephew, Cole.  He's my bud.  I can't believe it's 10 1/2 already.  Now that he's getting older, and can ride in the front seat (WHAT?!?! I'm still shocked), it's a whole different view on being an aunt.  He's so mature and wise for his age.  I'm so incredibly proud of him.

Day 8:  My second oldest nephew, Cason.  I can't believe he's 8.  My little snack monster is 8.  He's laugh is contagious and his spirit is so free.  He's such a love bug, especially when it comes to his new baby sister.  I couldn't be prouder of him.

Day 9:  My third oldest nephew, Kohl.  Oh Kohl - my little Cajun love bug!  I'm so grateful to be your aunt.  I love how you love Disney movies just as much as I do and can watch them over and over again.  I love your excitement on life.  I love you so much buddy and I'm so proud of you!

Day 10:  My youngest nephew, Coy.  I remember the day you were born buddy.  I absolutely love your orneriness - and how you say everything with your eyes.  I couldn't be happier than to be your aunt - and I'm so proud of you!

Day 11:   My niece, Josey.  I'm so thankful to have got to see you twice this year.  Your giggles get me every time.  You are such a doll!  I'm so thankful to be your aunt and miss you so much!

Day 12:  My niece, Kylie.  I remember the day your mom called to tell me she was expecting with you, and the day she called right before Christmas announcing you were a girl.  I am so thankful to have you in my life - I miss you so much! 

Day 13:  My high school best friend - Shalayne.  You are such an amazing friend of mine.  You've been through hell and back, but you've rose above everything and now have the most perfect little boy.  Ezra has stolen a piece of my heart.  I'm so proud of you for what you've done - love you always!

Day 14:  My college best friends - Jennifer Jo & Lindsay.  You two are such amazing people.  I'm so thankful to have you both still in my life.  You helped make my college experience what was and I'm so incredibly thankful to have you girls.

Day 15:  Home cooking.  I'm so thankful for good home cooking.  Sounds silly - but I love cooking, and spending time with loved ones at a dinner table.

Day 16:  My job.  Photography is something I've always had a passion for and I'm so thankful to be able to capture memories and preserve them.

Day 17:  My mom in law.  I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful mother in law.  And the fact she gave life to my prince charming.

Day 18:  My entire family.  My grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and their families.  I can not express enough how thankful I am for my family.  I absolutely love each one of them and miss them all so much!

Day 19:  Art.  I wouldn't be who I am without art.  Whether it was a school project, or for fun, I absolutely love being an artist.  And I'm very thankful for my talent.

Day 20:  A roof over my head, food on the table, and clothes on my back.  Life is expensive, and I'm very grateful for what I have.

Day 21:  Texas music and friends.  My life definitely wouldn't be what it is without them and their talents. 

Day 22:  Bar friends.  I met so many great people while Josh worked at the bar - and I'm so thankful for those friendships that made the last 4.5 years so great.

xoxo
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment