Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wedding Updates and tangents

So I've never been a huge fan of blogging until recently... so we'll see how well I keep this up with the next months to come.

Most of you know me - and know that I'm getting married June 26, 2010 - which is just shy of 74 days away. No I'm not keeping a personal countdown on a planner - but our wedding website, www.theknot.com/ourwedding/AmyTroutman&JoshOlsen - keeps it updated for me. Which I check frequently to see if anyone has signed our guest book - if you haven't please check it out.

Today I FINALLY got my dress in - they were only 13 days late. I'm a planned person - I'm limited on time away and that was a major stress getting to my dress in time to take it back for alterations. Thankfully not many will have to be made - just a hem and bustle. I'm not "in love" with my dress. Nor will I think I will ever be "in love" with a dress. After watching countless episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" I watched one where a girl couldn't fall "in love" with a dress - the dress lady said "There are about 5% of girls that can't fall "in love" with their dress." - Well I always have to be difficult. :)

Most of our plans are under way - napkins are ordered, cake topper is finished and on my old dresser in my old room at my parents'. Center pieces are completed and stowed away in my Grandma's basement - table runners are almost done - and the checklist goes on a mile....

For our family & friends attending our wedding - we ask that you PLEASE take a few minutes and visit this website: www.myspace.com/KyleBennettBand or www.kylebennettband.com - These are dear friends of ours that are playing our reception. We know many of you won't know their songs, but if you listen a few times - that'll help you get familiar with them. We're so excited to have them be apart of our day - they've been such a great part of our lives and we can't be happier that they're playing our reception. They're not your typical "wedding band" - they're Texas country artists - so please check them out.

That's all I have for this evening - off to bed for a long day of work if all goes planned correctly..I will fill you in on some more stress and surprises tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment