Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Catching Up - Start of 2012

I can't believe January is about over already. This month, like all of them, have flown by. I'll try to recap what's happened and what's coming up for Josh & I.

Let's start with New Years Eve -- our first one ever together that we didn't have to spend at the bar. It was closed because of licenses so we got to spend the night together - without drunken idiots. We went to the movies - which we hadn't gone to since Captain America this summer. We saw "We Bought a Zoo" it was so good! I highly recommend it. New Years day was spent cleaning and trying to put away Christmas decorations. We've been deep cleaning our apartment ever since. I want to get good and organized. I highly doubt that will ever happen in this apartment, but it's wishful thinking.

On the 7th, I had to shoot our friends, Kevin & Gina's wedding in Wamego. It was a nice simple wedding with amazing weather for January in Kansas. It was great getting to see all our bar friends again. Even though Josh had to go to work, we got to dance a little bit. That was just well, amazing. Two-stepping around the dance floor with some of our closest friends to some amazing music really couldn't have got any better.

We just got back yesterday from a trip to Wellington. Mainly to take all of my Christmas stuff home and see my mom. It was nice to be able to spend some time with her before heading back up to Manhattan.

We have this weekend here. I'm shooting a family from Gina's wedding on Saturday and then nothing on Sunday. I look forward to my nothing weekends more times than not because they are few and far between anymore.

Saturday marks the 8th anniversary since my high school friend, Curtis Peralez, passed away. His death still haunts me to this day and I still miss him very much. Yesterday when I got my hair done, "When I look to the Sky" by Train came on the radio. It was a song played at his funeral and I can't listen to it without thinking of him. It's just his way of saying he's still around.

Let me backtrack a minute -- my new years resolution. I always try to make one but like many people it never sticks. But so far I'm doing better on mine that I thought. My goal is to make at least 4 cooked meals a week. So far (this is while we are at home, we can't cook if we are on the road), there have only been 2 days out of 14 that we haven't ate at home at least one meal. I've printed out a lot of recipes and succeeded in a lot of them. We just went to the grocery store last night, spent $121, but I saved $29 with my coupons and plus card :) but we have meals for a good week, week and a half and I'm happy about that. I hope to save money by not eating dinners out so we can get some bills paid and take a trip somewhere this year. My sites are set on Vegas for my 25th birthday.

That's all I have for now. Work is slow until sports products come in at some point this week.

Oh one more thing -- tomorrow, the Thieving Birds will be in town. I'm excited, yet confused and sad. Found out last week, our friend, Fish, is no longer with the band. I'm not sure what is all going on but I'm sure there's two, well, 5 sides to this story but it still SUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment