Wednesday, June 29, 2011

{Fort Worth Zoo}

Can you believe Josh & I have been married a year? Ok, no, me either! Time has really flown by us this year. I can't believe it. I remember everything like it was yesterday planning every detail and the wedding. We headed to Fort Worth, Texas to celebrate this joyous occasion. We had a blast! It was one of the best vacations I've ever had. We were able to relax and have fun and just breathe. We've been on the road about every week from the end of May til this last Monday. It's been a whirl wind of a month but an enjoyable one.

We got to Fort Worth about 8 p.m. on Friday - got settled into our hotel and went by and saw our friend, Robyn. We were excited to be able to have some free time the next morning instead of arriving right before a planned event. We gathered some of the brochures from the lobby to see what we could do that we haven't done before. We'd been to the Stockyards last time so that wasn't high on our list. We'd thought about going to Dallas to the aquarium but we didn't want to spend 2 extra hours driving. So we went with the Fort Worth Zoo. I love zoos - I've seen the Wichita, Denver, New Orleans, OKC, and now Fort Worth Zoo. I remembered Beau asking us if we were going to the Zoo when we went in October but we didn't. So I texted Robyn to see if it was good and she replied "Oh ya!" We got there about 11:30. It wasn't too hot yet, thankfully it was windy and some what cloudy. The zoo was heavily shaded so we were very thankful. Josh & I at the Fort Worth Zoo {06.25.11}

I know this image is hard to see but it's a Gavialis gangeticus it's by far the weirdest Alligator I've ever seen. It's teeth show and it looks like something out of a Disney movie.
Usually whenever I've seen snakes they're asleep --- not this guy. He kept moving and well, creeping me out. I hate hate HATE snakes. But I was intrigued by this guy - made me feel like I was in the 1st Harry Potter movie and he was about to escape.

Not as good as Disney - but it was about 95 degrees out.
Zebras are one of my favorites :)

Perfect timing --- we just walked over to the white tiger cage and this guy was right there. Nothing like being about 5 inches away from this beautiful beast.

Quick photo op with the tiger before he moved.



No comments:

Post a Comment